Tuesday, January 1, 2013
121231 MBC Music Festival Posted at 1:43 PM 0 comments (+)
MBC Gayo Daejaejoon, officially translated as MBC Music Festival, is the largest year end music show this year (lasting for the longest time, spread over 4 locations, with the most teams) and A-JAX was lucky enough to be scheduled for this. I didn't manage to get tickets in the lucky draw but since A-JAX was at the lobby where the only big acts were Beast and FTI-CNBlue, I managed to find tickets eventually, with the help of korean friends on my T-list. So I arrived at 6.30am at Ilsan MBC Dream Center, there was a namelist to get ourselves on (entry is via ticket numbers distributed on a 1st-come-1st-served basis at 10am), and once again I was lucky to meet another A-JAX fansite master I knew to help me send the required MMS (My prepaid SIM card can't send MMS, urgh) so I then hid out at Lotteria until I had to go back for timechecks.... fast-forwarding the story, I got my ticket (No.43) and decided to go into the cafe at the side of MBC lobby to thaw myself out, and not too long after at 10.50am, a remix of 2MYX rang out!

From where I was, I could only see the back of the stage, and the lobby itself was closed, so although people were saying the boys did not seem to be there, I knew they were gonna rehearse that morning (I specially went down and asked the guard the night before, during FNC pre-recording, about A-JAX's rehearsal - Primadonnas around me were looking at me weird but never mind) so I ran out with my camera and plastered myself to the glass walls and sure enough, the boys soon appeared and took to the stage! They were all in their private clothes, and had their hair all clipped, no makeup, but oh my god Jaehyung was in a fur-vested leather jacket and his favorite black singlet under it... *swoon*... omg his shoulders are broad despite him being slim and he seems to have some pecs too... aahhh.....! *perverted noona mode full-on* Anyway the remix has a longer intro, Hyeong Kon gets a dance solo too, but the 2nd verse is entirely cut - oh my god my JH's main solo... T_T Luckily he has 1 line in verse 1.... they did it twice and came off-stage, Jaehyung put on a long red down jacket that's new to me, and they disappeared from sight. I was alone at my spot, further down were a few other A-Lights and they were holding the official slogan so the boys saw them and waved to them - Hyeong Kon especially because both were his fans... I'm not sure if they saw me but Jaehyung seemed to have looked in my direction a couple of times. Hyo Jun and Seungyeop too.

Affter that I went back to the cafe, thinking that when I've thawed out I'll go elsewhere to have lunch, but I was trying to do previews of the rehearsal photos and it took a long while - at 12pm my friend suddenly noticed A-JAX standing beside the stage, clearly visible from the side of the cafe and no more than 5m away! We hurriedly  went over, I grabbed my camera and tried to take photos but only got a few before a guard came over to stop me. T_T So I put the camera down and interacted with the boys instead. By the way this time round they had already done their make-up and removed the pins from their hair - Jaehyung's new side-parting already had me going a little ga-ga in the morning and now that it's not pinned, the impact is even greater so yes, I got a bit stupid and my mind refused to function - I only remembered to asked if he'd eaten, he made a 'cross' with his hands. I also "told" him that his hair today looked good...he just went "my hair?" and smirked. He seemed to be in an extremely good mood, because he started randomly making little finger-hearts, I checkily stretched my hands out and 'caught' a couple and he smirked again. ><'' Trang suggested how about I throw him some, and I was like... it's embarassing, but ok - so I 'drew' one and 'hit' it to him (like the one he does in "Your Song' while being carried on Hyeong Kon's back) and he caught it immediately! So yeah he was looking at me. ^^;;  After that he (and leader Hyeung Kon) entertained us by dancing a little to Dal Shalbet's "Have, have not" as they were rehearsing.... ahh I nearly wanted to kill the guard - he was watching me like a hawk so I could not take any photos or fancam, and this desire only grew stronger when Jaehyung started teasing us by slipping his jacket off his shoulders, shit I think I tweeted him before about his black singlet being sexy and ... don't tell me he remembered...? *mortified* But his memory is normally quite bad.... O_o Anyway he did it a couple of times,  and there wasn't any other Jaehyung fans there I think, at least not the regular ones, and as we know he's not the type that will bother with other members' fans, so... it was likely to be directed towards me? He sure couldn't be feeling hot, they hadn't even danced yet so... ECK. *dying*  Then they left to go onstage for the rehearsal, I tried to run out to take photos from the same location as earlier but found out that they had barricaded the whole place up so it's not possible to get anywhere close to the glass this time so I had to give up... T_T

After that we were pretty sure that that was the last of it - I heard that B2ST was supposed to be pre-recording today so I thought after the staff ate that's what they would be busy with - so I left to eat too, leaving my stool with a friend back at the cafe. After I ate I had wanted to go to camp at a quieter cafe until it's time to come back and form a line for entry, at 7.00pm, but my friends back at the MBC cafe wanted to leave too so I had to go back and get my stuff - the walk back made me quite chilled and we almost slipped on the ice a couple of times so once back I suffered inertia and didn't want to leave... which turned out to be a blessing-in- disguise as the boys suddenly appeared again at 4.25pm for yet another rehearsal, this time in full performance regalia! It was the Inkigayo goodbye-stage / Simply K-pop black-gold outfit, with luxurious fur collars added for the 2 hyungs and some on Seungyeop too... and Jaehyung had his hair puffed up too. I actually prefered it down more, the bad-boy look, this made him look too... coffed? Elegant? Haha. But I hollered "Prince Jaehyung!" and he laughed.... Anyway I hurriedly took out my camera and took photos, thinking I'll just take what I can until the guard comes to stop me, another different one did come over this time but all he did was ask us to step back and not plaster outselves too close to the barricade as staff had to go in and out, but he did not stop us from taking photos! LUCKY! So yes I had plenty of time this time - they stayed there for like 15 minutes - I even had time to stop, ask Jaehyung if he had eaten my pineapple tarts (babo didn't manage to lip-read/understand my hand motions so just gave me the "what?" shrug and head tilt - cute but OMG *facepalms* T_T  I also complained to him about it being cold, and he motioned if I want his jacket - I was like "yeah! hand it over" jokingly - and to my shock... he slide it off his shoulders, down to his elbows, and stood there with arms wide open just smirking at me FOR A GOOD 10 SECONDS. OH  SWEET JESUS. *temperature shoots through the roof* Granted he's wearing a shirt inside but OH LORDY. *DEAD* (I took photos, like, 10 of them, but am a bit relunctant to post them up - hey there were absolutely no other Jaehyung fans there so it's like a strip show specially for me... ) And then there is the countless repeated waves, numerous 'heart' pose for my camera, kissy faces, flower faces (I had to ask him to 'do again' for this one as I missed it first time around... ^^;; ) .... and everytime he did something to fanservice/pose for the other fans to my left he would glance over at me after finishing it as if asking "So did you manage to take photos of that? Need me to re-do?" T_T  This man is driving me nuts...exteremely nice suddenly on some days... but on others... T_T And as for the other members, plenty of Yunyeop interaction, as usual, but what was super amusing was that Seungjin stood off to the side leaning against the window all alone - he seemed quite tired? - and Seungyeop+Yunyoung went to drag him over to us, Seungyeop just stood behind him and grabbed his arms to manipulate him like a mannequin, even pushed him up against a pillar, Seungjin looking mildly-irritated/disgrunted all the while... lol. Once again, Dal Shalbet was doing "Have, have not" in the meantime and I quickly switched to video mode, told Jaehyung I was video-ing, and bugged him to dance this time as well... and the resulting video is daebak. Haha. I'll edit and upload it asap...  As expected we still could not go out to take pictures... barricades still in place, so when they left to start rehearsals, that was the end of it, till the evening's official entrance.

I have a TON of pictures, I am doing them little by little... ^^;; Once completely up in photobucket, I'll put the slideshow+link up here. Here's just a few as 'previews'. Haha.

Flower-visual indeed... hell, he's prettier than flowers! Oh my god how can a man be so beautiful... in fact on anyone else his hair here will probably look like a chunk of birdnest or curry-puff , but he manages to pull it off as "luxurious"... or is it just me being victim to the adage "Love is Blind"? (I mean, yes he has a tall forehead, maybe that's why they always make sure his hairstyle has a fringe to cover and make it look smaller, but with his big eyes and long straight nose even bald he'll look pretty good... right?)  
 
Recently unprompted hearts are hard to come by so this is precious! AHH! *_*
 
 

A better look at their outfits in case you guys didn't manage to catch it in the dizzying camerawork of the broadcast...  Hyeong Kon's outfit makes him look like a King of the Wild here, but the hair... maybe they should have it up in this case to fit the outfit better. Haha. Hyo Jun's rather random fluffy sleeves... doesn't really add much? Same for Seungyeop's outfit modifications...
Photos from when they were in the lobby waiting for the final rehearsal...
=======================================================================

The recording was done after the entire audience went in, A-JAX was the first performers in the lobby. I was in 2nd row, on JH's side (off-center to the left) and behind some very nice Japanese girls - I told them I'm here mainly for A-JAX and am going to take photos, I showed them Jaehyung's photos from earlier, and they all agreed he's a cutie, and readily agreed to help me 1. hold the official slogan 2. hold my self-made fan to attract Jaehyung's attention 3. cheer for A-JAX and Jaehyung and 4. point at me behind if necessary so that he can find me_my camera. Well the last turned out to be quite unnecessary as they had time to come out stand in a straight line and greet the audience since they are pre-recording so I could holler at him myself and catch his attention - I was right in front of him so there's no way he can miss me, haha... in fact they stood in the starting position for almost 3 minutes before the music started, the boys broke rank some to wave at the fans, YY and JH asked everyone to cheer loudly, SY posed with V-signs, JH was so bored he started making finger hearts at my camera too... Haha. When the music finally started, they did it 3 times, and during the live broadcast of their recording they came out and did it once again for the audience - so I took a ton of photos, but mostly Jaehyung only, and was stupid enough to forget to fancam... should have... because the lighting was quite dark I missed quite a lot of shots when my camera could not focus.... Haiz. But anyway, the boys did well and wow, Hyeong Kon's dancing was impressive - I noticed it in the morning rehearsal already but up-front his hip-thrusting + crotch grabbing part was even more O_o (Hyeong Kon fans, you guys still alive? Hehehe), Seungjin's dance solo was as cool as always, and that was about all I noticed as I was caught up with Jaehyung-only most of the time.... and when he yanked his jacket wide open and swiped it closed? I was torn between fangirling-screaming and staying quiet and still so that I can shoot properly - had to do the latter, so all I could do is let out a repressed "eeep oh my god" and well... squeal AFTER the recording as I was looking through the photos. (And spazz I did. My fellow A-Light friends nearly died laughing at me later on.) Out of the Japanese girls, I think one liked Seungyeop and one liked Leader and another, Seungjin... haha.

After Part 1 we cleared out of the lobby and waited at the cafe with a few other A-Lights, mostly site masters, to see the boys get off work, we thought they would walk out through the lobby after the end of Part 2 (2 hours later) and wanted to be there to wish them Happy New Year (since they don't have any schedules listed after this so god knows when we would get to see them again), but got chased out by the guards as the artists were leaving so somehow in between moving out we missed them... T_T Waited till 3.30am until we saw a tweet by some fans that managed to see them leaving half an hour earlier so... kinda disappointed, we went off to eat and go home on the first train after daybreak.

I guess my first Gayo experience was pretty different from most other foreigners who went to major studios and saw the combined performances for a whole spectrum of artistes, but I won't say mine was worse, because of all the 'personalised' interaction with Jaehyung during the rehearsals - as a dedicated Jaehyung fan, that is enough for me - scratch that, because I was his only fan there, it was even better than a regular Gayo experience which can be had again another time... I'm sure as time passes and A-JAX becomes more popular there would be a lot more fangirls and situations like this would become impossible. T_T  

Labels: ,

About
Welcome to Spring Treasure, an international blog dedicated to A-JAX!

Owned by a crazy Jaehyung fan living in Seoul (but i like and will update for every member).

All photos/videos are taken by me unless stated otherwise.

PLEASE DO NOT RE-EDIT ANY MEDIA, ESP REMOVAL OF WATERMARKS.

DO NOT REUPLOAD ANY VIDEOS OR FANACCOUNTS.

ALWAYS CREDIT WHEN RE-POSTING ANYTHING.

Please feel free to leave your comments in any of the following languages:
English, Korean(한국어), Japanese(日本語), Chinese (中文).

Credits
Layout by mymostloved with script, background and image.